Wednesday’s weigh-in event took place at Revel Atlantic City in New Jersey, site of Thursday’s card. The Bellator 95 main card airs on Spike TV following prelims on Spike.com.
Featherweight champion Pat Curran came in at 144.7 and Shahbulat Shamhalaev who was 146. Even though this is a title fight and Shamhalaev does not get a one-pound allowance, he didn’t remove his fight shorts and the on-site commissioner consulted with Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney and both agreed he was good to go.
Shamhalaev title fight came ahead of scheadule, when he won the Season 7 featherweight tournament, but an injury to Daniel Straus, who was next in line, this theb bumped Shamhalaev to the front of the line. And now here we are!
In the co main event, Brett Cooper was 185.2 and Doug Marshall 185.4., Mike Richman came in at 145.1 and Magomedrasul “Frodo” Khasbulaev was 145.4.
The first fight on Spike will present to us, Bellator vet Rick Hawn who will fight former UFC welterweight contender Karo Parisyan. Hawn was 170.7 pound and Parisyan 171.
The Bellator 95 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)
• Pat Curran (144.7) vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev (146) – for featherweight title
• Magomedrasul Khasbulaev (145.4) vs. Mike Richman (145.1) – featherweight tournament final
• Brett Cooper (185.2) vs. Doug Marshall (185.4) – middleweight tournament final
• Rick Hawn (170.7) vs. Karo Parisyan (171)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 8 p.m. ET)
• Lyman Good (170.8) vs. Dante Rivera (170.9)
• Shedrick Goodridge (172.8)* vs. Sam Oropeza (170.5)
• Carlos Brooks (188.8)** vs. Tom DeBlass (185.9)
• Darrell Horcher (156) vs. Phillipe Nover (156)
• Brian Kelleher (139.5) vs. Jimmie Rivera (139.3) – 140-pound catch weight
• Michael Hess (145.9) vs. Will Martinez (144.9)
• Kevin Roddy (146) vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen (145.2)
• Liam McGeary (204) vs. Anton Talamantes (205)
*Goodridge was given two hours to cut to the welterweight maximum of 171 pounds. ** Brooks was given two hours to cut to the middleweight maximum of 186 pounds.