Connor Mcgregor may not be out of the woods yet – UFC 229 Arrests, fines and more

Connor Mcgregor may not be out of the woods yet – UFC 229 Arrests, fines and more

If you thought McGregor was completely out the woods in this incident, that’s not exactly the case. According to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, who spoke to Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) chairman Anthony Marnell on Monday, complaints will be filed against both McGregor and Nurmagomedov after officials were able to review previously unseen footage from the incident. The filings will take place over the course of the next 24 to 28 hours.

“We will be filing against Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov,” Marnell said. “Because we withheld one purse, we will have to move expeditiously to a complaint and hearing. We have held 100 percent of one of the fighter’s money, so the goal is to get the complaints out in the next 24 to 48 hours.”

 During Khabib’s father’s brief post-fight press conference on Saturday, Nurmagomedov told reporters that he knew his father was going to “smash him” for his actions. As if anyone had a doubt, the champion apparently was not joining at all. Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov spoke to Russian reporters on Sunday and he told them he will be very had on his son for the incident that he caused following his victory.

Probably all the same for Khabib, the toughest sanctions are my attitude,” Nurmagomedov said via MMA Junkie. “I will be very hard on this. I warned him. For me, discipline comes first.”

 McGregor’s longtime coach John Kavanagh took the time to discuss the brawl on the “Joe Rogan Experience” podcast, and his take on everything may surprise some. Speaking to Rogan, Kavanagh said that he wants the NSAC to be lenient on Nurmagomedov when they ultimately do decide his fate, and he even praised his efforts in the cage. As for what his teammates did, however, Kavanagh can’t find a way to excuse what they pulled on Saturday night.

“(Nurmagomedov) has to go before the Nevada commission, and we have to see what’s going to happen with Khabib and this whole mess,” White said. “But Conor McGregor has already called me, wanting a rematch.

“That’s what Conor has asked for. We’ll see what happens with Khabib and what’s next. Tony Ferguson looked amazing. Those two have been lined up three different times to fight and it hasn’t happened. We’ll see how things play out.”

.

 

Posted by Kelley Tidwell

Comments are closed.